To help meet the challenges currently facing the NHS – and general practice in particular – Suffolk GP Federation has set out the following objectives for 2019/20:
- Ensure all our services are rated at least ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission.
- Launch GP Flex to enable GP’s, and later ANP’s, to work flexibly across any member practice.
- Successfully launch the Suffolk Out of Hours service.
- Work with our hospitals, CCG’s and Care UK to develop an Integrated Urgent Care service including Urgent Treatment Centres next to Emergency Departments.
- Offer support for member practices forming Primary Care Networks.
- Start a Felixstowe and Ipswich primary care mental health service. Successfully work with Alliance partners to complete the Most Capable Provider process for mental health.
- Review the Fed Board structure.
- Build a sustainable Fed organisation based on the values of quality and excellence for our patients and staff.
We have not yet set objectives for 2020/21.