Suffolk GP Federation will be delivering the Suffolk GP Out of Hours Service as part of the new Integrated Urgent Care Service working with Care UK.
Our aim is to have as many local clinicians working in the service as possible and we would be very pleased to hear from you if you are interested.
We are mirroring the working practices from our GP+ and ED streaming services so our clinicians have a familiar working environment, regardless of which urgent care service they are working in.
What clinical system will be used?
SystmOne (Urgent Care Module) giving access to full patient records (subject to patient sharing preferences). EMIS Viewer for access to EMIS patient records.
When are shifts available from?
Shifts will be booked via the Fed RotaMaster system and will be available to view and book by the beginning of October.
What are the rates of pay?
We will pay the same rates across our urgent care services – Out of Hours, GP+ and ED streaming.
We will not be enhancing rates at the last minute to fill shifts as this is unfair to those who book regularly in advance.
GP rates will be £80 per hour. For GPs paid via PAYE this represents a base rate of £71.50 plus holiday pay, giving a total of £80 (the Fed also pays employers’ NI and pension if you opt in).
Rates for other members of the team are :
- Nurse Practitioner – £38ph
- Prescribing Nurse – £28ph
- Non-prescribing Nurse – £21ph
- Paramedics, Pharmacists, Physician Associates and Physios – rates dependent on level of qualification
- Coordinators – £10.28
- Base Appointment Bookers – £8.29
- Drivers and Receptionists – £8.29
I don’t currently work for the Fed – what do I need to do?
The below information is also relevant to those GPs who work in the current service but will not be entitled to transfer to the Fed under TUPE.
Please contact the Fed’s Head of HR Sarah Moidy (firstname.lastname@example.org) leaving us your best contact details.
We will contact you to organise:
- Collation of your documentation (short CV, current DBS, mandatory training, credentials, indemnity)
- Contact with our Medical Director
- Log in details for Fed RotaMaster
- Induction session (planned for 2nd October 2018, 10th October 2018, 17th October 2018 or 24th October 2018)
- SystmOne training – we may be able to combine this with your first shift if you already have experience of SystmOne
If you would like to shadow an Out of Hours shift please let us know.
I already work for the Fed doing GP+ and/or ED streaming – what do I need to do?
Please get in touch with Fed’s Head of Hr Sarah Moody (email@example.com) so that we can organise the necessary training.
Your existing RotaMaster login will give you automatic access to the Suffolk Out of Hours rota
If you would like to shadow an Out of hours shift please let us know.
Suffolk GP Fed Medical Director Paul Driscoll discusses the Suffolk Out of Hours contract