As a GP working as part of Suffolk Locum Service you will have access to a range of benefits, advice and support. This includes ongoing training and professional development, along with our range of self help guides.
To be eligible to join the Suffolk locum bank you must be:
- A GP already working or wanting to working in Suffolk
- A GP registrar looking to work in Suffolk
- A GP who is considering moving to Suffolk and wants to explore opportunities
As a GP locum in the Suffolk locum bank you will:
- Have access to the Suffolk Locum Service co-ordinator to provide practical support and signposting to help you navigate the local healthcare system.
- Have your own portal page, providing easy access to information about local practices & primary care services wishing to book sessions.
- Have access to the administrative functions in the booking portal that will streamline invoicing, pensions etc.
- Have access to the Suffolk GP Federation Medical Indemnity scheme which offers a 5% discounted rate to Suffolk GPs through the MDDUS.
- Receive regular updates on education, training and professional development events taking place across the county, including the GP development and leadership programmes run by Suffolk GP Federation. You will also be registered to receive newsletters from the Suffolk Community Education Provider Network (CEPN).
- Be issued with a log-in for the clinical areas on the Ipswich & East Suffolk CCG and West Suffolk CCG websites to connect you to a wealth of local clinical information, provide access to training, education and professional development events. The Suffolk Locum Service co-ordinator will email the log-in details to you as soon as you are registered.
- Have the opportunity to get involved in developing the Suffolk Locum Service so that it truly becomes a support service for locums and practices.
“Suffolk Locum Service has made a huge difference. There are plenty of opportunities and the booking system is very easy. A lot of the sessions are advertised at short notice – so it’s much easier to book work at the last minute. This service is very apt for people like me who are new to the area and who have to depend on agencies to provide work.
I will definitely make use of it again.”
Vishal Nayak | Locum
If you would like more information about the service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk Locum Service is not acting as an Employment Agency or Employment Business under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
In partnership with: