Useful books & CDs:
- Overcoming Chronic Pain F. Cole, H. Macdonald, C. Carus & H. Howden-Leach (2010) London: Robinson. ISBN 978-1-84119-970-2
- Manage Your Pain M. Nichols, L. Beeston & A. Molloy (2012) London: Souvenir Press. ISBN 978-0-28564-048-1
- Managing Pain Before It Manages You (third edition) M. Caudill (2008) New York: Guildford Press. ISBN: 978-1-59385-982-4
- Pain CD by Neil Berry Neil Berry is a psychologist in pain management. There is an option to purchase the CD at low cost or download for free, includes two guided relaxation tracks.
Pain management websites:
- Retrain Pain. Follow on screen instructions to start the course of lessons. Click each image to view the next one. At the end of each lesson, click on the link to go to the next. There are eight lessons in total which will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Video – Why Things Hurt. This video takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Video – Understanding Pain. This video takes approximately five minutes.
- Pain Toolkit. Click on the ‘Pain Cycle’ tab at the top. View the ‘Pain Cycle’ clip by clicking on the play arrow. Then click on each of the questions to reveal the answers. Click on ‘What Is Persistent Pain?’ (menu on the right side) and then read through content. Next, click on the ‘Tools’ tab at the top; read through each of the tools and view the video clips as instructed. Once complete, navigate your way around the rest of the website as you may find much of the additional content helpful.
- Living Life to the Full. Follow instructions on screen.