Bladder and Bowel Service Nurse
We are looking for a Bladder and Bowel Service Nurse to join our team based in Eye, Suffolk with travel across the community.
What is the role?
- You will be responsible for assessing, re-assessing, planning and implementing bladder, bowel and/or continence care of a delegated caseload.
- You will promote continence, and will share professional knowledge through informal training.
- You will be required to develop and maintain effective channels of communication with the wider professional team.
You’ll join our Bladder and Bowel Service, which is run by Suffolk GP Federation. We are a not-for-profit, community interest company and our main purpose is to support Primary Care across Suffolk, including support with working collaboratively and at scale. We also deliver a portfolio of NHS services across Suffolk and North East Essex, including Podiatry, Ultrasound, Diabetes, as well as Urgent Care Services including the Out of Hours face-to-face Service in Suffolk.
Is it for me?
We will work alongside the successful candidate to ensure they are sufficiently inducted and trained; there will be regular constructive supervision in place. It is important to us that you feel safe and supported in the role.
- You will need to be a level 1 registered nurse to apply for this position.
- You will have previous experience of working within a primary care, or community setting, being able to work with a wider multi-disciplinary professional team where needed.
- You will be successful if you have a basic awareness of the national guidelines relating to continence care.
This is a full time permanent contract, working Monday-Friday 7.5 hours per day. We may consider part time applicants for the position so please do still apply / enquire.
What we can offer you:
- A strong ethos of flexible working, to help us maintain (or reclaim) that work/life balance.
- Innovative teams who strive in forward thinking, with a voice that is heard.
- A visible and supportive management team, with operational support that ‘get it’
- Excellent IT teams & support giving us first class equipment and ‘no wait’ responses
- A commitment to personal development, training, and leadership opportunities, with service-managed training budgets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service cover
- Competitive salaries with annual benchmarking
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) on starting, rising to 29 days (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service
- Blue light card employer – Access to the discount service with thousands of discounts online and on the high street.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975, and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Interested? Have questions? Just wondering? Please get in touch with Shirley Carter – Service Manager on 07572243719, we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: December 22nd< BACK TO VACANCIES