Care Navigator – Suffolk Primary Care
Medical Receptionist / Care Navigator (Part time approx 15 hours per week)
DEBENHAM GROUP PRACTICE (Part of Suffolk Primary Care)
A part time vacancy has arisen in our busy yet friendly reception team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring, flexible receptionist with excellent customer service skills and good IT knowledge.
Previous experience desired but training will be provided for the right person.
The successful candidate will be required to work at Debenham, Otley and Grundisburgh surgeries.
The job offers an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly rural practice.
Preferred hours would be on Wednesday 08.00 to 18.00 & Thursday 13.00 to 18.30.
Shortlisting date: 13th December 2023
Interview Date: 20th December 2023
The interview panel will comprise a minimum of two people.
Main duties of the job
- The purpose of the role is to:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Gain a full understating of our appointment booking system including the operation of AMGP (Ask My GP).
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including the provision of photocopying, managing tasks within clinical system and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
SPC is an innovative partnership of Suffolk GP surgeries. Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
- Life insurance
- Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and childrens pension
- Ill health benefits
- 20% employer contribution
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No deposit
- No credit check
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Servicing and tyres
- Breakdown cover
- Up to £2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
- Proper Pay & Cost of Living Benefits
- Living Wage Foundation Accredited
- GP Remote Working
- Eye Care Vouchers Health Service Discounts
- Annual Leave – Minimum 33 days including bank holidays FTE with enhancements for long service
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity terms
- High street discounts through our own online portal
- Technology and Homewares Salary Sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
- Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Salary Sacrifice Scheme