Deputy Lead Clinical Pharmacist
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Lead Clinical Pharmacist to join our diverse and talented clinical pharmacy team at Unity Healthcare, Haverhill.
What is the role?
- You will deputise for the clinical lead pharmacist to help support, provide mentorship, and help lead and develop the clinical pharmacy team within the practice.
- You will help support and lead on clinical audit, medicines optimisation and medication safety processes within the practice.
- You will work alongside a team of other clinicians in general practice with a multi-disciplinary approach under the direction of our clinical lead GP who is also the ICB Associate Medical Director.
- You will independently manage patients with long term conditions and/or minor illness within your independent prescribing competence with scope to develop specialist area(s).
Is it for me?
We will work alongside the successful candidate to ensure they are sufficiently inducted and trained; there will be regular constructive supervision in place. It is important to us that you feel safe and supported in the role.
- You will be a seasoned primary care clinical pharmacist with a non-medical prescribing qualification.
- You will need to have a current GPHC registration and will be committed to keeping your clinical knowledge up to date.
You will join Unity Healthcare which is a GP practice in Haverhill which is run by Suffolk GP Federation.
Suffolk GP Federation is a not-for-profit, community interest company and our main purpose is to support Primary Care across Suffolk, including support with working collaboratively and at scale.
We are bold, and we are different; we have an established track record of innovation and are a truly Modern General Practice. We have been on a change transformation journey, which has received national recognition.
Unity Healthcare in 2028 will be different, and we are looking to you to help us to deliver our vision:
- Embedded in our local community as a full member of the Haverhill INT, active in the One Haverhill Partnership, working collaboratively with local partners such as pharmacies, the voluntary sector, schools, and colleges.
- An open and transparent culture where all staff are empowered and can engage in Unity’s decision making.
- An enlarged senior leadership team drawn from across all clinical groups and managers
- A ‘reimagined’ working environment and workflow which addresses current challenges and is attractive to work in
- The most advanced user of technology in Suffolk general practice.
- A practice where individuals come to work, learn, and then move on to share Unity’s vision.
This is a full-time permanent role working Monday – Friday between the hours of 08:00 – 18:30.
What we can offer you:
- A strong ethos of flexible working, to help us maintain (or reclaim) that work/life balance.
- Innovative teams who strive in forward thinking, with a voice that is heard.
- A visible and supportive management team, with operational support that ‘get it’
- Excellent IT teams & support giving us first class equipment and ‘no wait’ responses
- A commitment to personal development, training, and leadership opportunities, with service-managed training budgets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service cover
- Competitive salaries with annual benchmarking
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) on starting, rising to 29 days (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service
- Blue light card employer – Access to the discount service with thousands of discounts online and on the high street.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975, and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Interested? Have questions? Just wondering? Please get in touch with Lead Clinical Pharmacist David Strobridge-Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1st December 2023< BACK TO VACANCIES