Dispensary Team Leader – Suffolk Primary Care
Dispensary Team Lead (full/part-time) Debenham Group Practice (Debenham, Otley & Grundisburgh)
We are seeking a dynamic Dispensary Team Lead to manage the team and ensure the provision of quick, efficient and accurate dispensing of medication to our patients via our 3 rural surgery sites. As a Dispensary Team Lead your role will be to manage the team whilst delivering effective financial control of the dispensary, managing and coordinating all aspects of the day to day operations.
You will take pride in leading and inspiring your team to perform.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player liaising with GPs, Management, patients and other members of practice staff.
You will also be required to undertake sickness and holiday cover in addition to your contracted hours.
Qualified to NVQ level 2 or an equivalent dispensing qualification, with dispensing experience is required.
Shortlisting date: 13th December 2023
Interview date: 20th December 2023
The panel will comprise a minimum of two people.
Main duties of the job
- To support site and department management in the day-to-day operations of the Dispensary and leading and guiding its staff.
- Ensuring adequate staffing across sites at all times
- Providing medication hub support i.e. raising scripts from tasks, emails, or askmyGP.
- Organising prescriptions, reviewing endorsements, completing necessary forms, and submitting prescriptions monthly to the Prescription Pricing Authority (PPA).
- Completing assigned tasks, preparing reports, providing support for projects, and participating in development or change initiatives as they arise.
SPC is an innovative partnership of Suffolk GP surgeries. Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
- Life insurance
- Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and childrens pension
- Ill health benefits
- 20% employer contribution
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No deposit
- No credit check
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Servicing and tyres
- Breakdown cover
- Up to £2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
- Proper Pay & Cost of Living Benefits
- Living Wage Foundation Accredited
- GP Remote Working
- Eye Care Vouchers Health Service Discounts
- Annual Leave – Minimum 33 days including bank holidays FTE with enhancements for long service
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity terms
- High street discounts through our own online portal
- Technology and Homewares Salary Sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
- Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Salary Sacrifice Scheme