An exciting job opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Administrator to join the administration staff supporting the clinical teams at the practice. You will ensure that administration support is provided to the highest of standards.
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who will provide support and development of the administration team, day-to-day organisation of workload demands, offering direction to other administration team staff as required. The post holder will be required to exercise initiative and task judgement without direct supervision.
A good general education is essential with a high level of literacy, proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages and IT skills. Ideally, successful candidates would have experience within a similar role to include the co-ordination of workload demands in a busy general practice.
The duties and responsibilities undertaken by members of the practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the business manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system including setting up rota’s, organising and overseeing holiday and sickness cover for the clinical team
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures for QOF, DES/LES contracts etc.
- Coding GP letters and updating and managing the practice recall system
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing admin assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Facilities management – liaise with external service providers, cleaners, electrician, plumber etc.
- Updating the practice intranet Clarity Team Net with alerts, protocols, general information etc.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Attending meetings as appropriate with workload responsibilities
- Oversee, maintain and manage practice website
- Staff are expected to cover other staff absence, holiday, sickness etc.
The position is based at Wickham Market but the successful applicant will be expected to work at the branch surgery in Rendlesham and possibly home working as well
Wickham Market Medical Centre works in partnership with the other practices in the DHG PCN and is very supportive of collaborative working within the group
Due to the nature of the role, attendance at the practice for interview is essential. As such, those invited for an initial telephone interview will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire beforehand, to help establish their ability to attend work in the current pandemic. Please be assured that the site is ‘Covid-secure’.
Short telephone interviews will be held at the end of February 2021 with face-to-face interviews to be arranged shortly after. The post is for 35 hours per week. Salary will be dependant on competency and experience.
The successful applicant will be expected to pass a standard DBS check.
https://www.wickhammarketmc.nhs.uk/< BACK TO VACANCIES