Spirometry Respiratory Technician
We’re hiring a Spirometry Respiratory Technician to join our Community Spirometry Service.
How does the service work?
GP Practice’s across Suffolk complete referrals via the NHS E-Referral Service (ERS) to refer patients to this community-based spirometry service for diagnostic purposes.
The spirometric tests are carried out by a Respiratory Technician across several community locations across East and West Suffolk during daytimes, evenings, and weekends.
What’s is the role?
Specifically, as an Respiratory Technician:
- You’ll work within your professional boundaries, under the supervision of the Specialist Nurse and in accordance with specific guidelines and protocols.
- You will assist in the delivery of respiratory assessments in the prescribed programmes of patient care.
- You’ll work to perform all tests in accordance with national guidelines in order to deliver a full range of respiratory function tests for Suffolk GP Practices’.
Is it for me?
We will make sure you are fully inducted and trained; there will be regular constructive supervision in place. It’s important to us that you feel safe and supported in your clinical decision making.
- You’d be suited to this role if you are interested in respiratory and have undergone relevant training in specific healthcare skills. You also need to be willing to work towards standards such as the ARTP certificate.
- You need to be able to handle a busy and varied workload whilst working independently within your competencies.
- You need to be able to travel across Suffolk to our community clinics
- Flexibility is important, as is the willingness to learn and take on new tasks as part of service and personal development.
We are looking to offer a two-year fixed term contract, with the opportunity to work with us roughly 16 hours per week on a rota basis. We can discuss specific days and times at interviews.
What we can offer you:
- A strong ethos of flexible working, to help us maintain (or reclaim) that work/life balance
- Agile working, enabling us to work from a variety of bases, interacting with your teams at the most appropriate location
- Innovative teams who strive in forward thinking, with a voice that is heard
- A visible and supportive management team, with operational support that ‘get it’
- Excellent IT teams & support giving us first class equipment and ‘no wait’ responses
- A commitment to personal development, training and leadership opportunities, with service-managed training budgets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service cover
- Competitive salaries with annual benchmarking
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) on starting, rising to 29 days (plus bank holidays) after 5 years’ service
- Blue light card employer – Access to the discount service with thousands of discounts online and on the high street
Interested? Have questions? Just wondering? Get in touch with our Specialist Nurse, Caroline Ursell Caroline.Ursell@suffolkfed.org.uk
Closing date: 8th December 2023< BACK TO VACANCIES