Salaried GP – Suffolk Primary Care
We are currently looking for an experienced Salaried GP to join our team within primary care. You must be a fully qualified GP with a current GMC registration and have an excellent understanding of Clinical Governance.
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to join a friendly, hard-working multi-disciplinary team then this may be the opportunity for you.
You will manage your case load and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting. You will need excellent computer skills and need to be able to adapt to a variety of computer systems. We currently use AskMyGP as a triage system and SystemOne Understanding of these systems are preferred but not essential. Full training will be given.
Who are we?
Howard House Practice has approximately 8500 patients in Felixstowe. The practice is made up of GPs, Nurses, HCAs, Care Navigators, Administrators and prescription team. This is an additional role to work with our current team of GPs. The vacancy is for between 6-8 sessions a week over 3-4 days; however, this may be negotiable for the right candidate. Flexibility is crucial to accommodate training, holidays and occasional sickness. For an informal discussion on this role please contact the Practice Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview panel will consist of a minimum of two people.
Main duties of the job
- In accordance with the surgery timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make him/herself available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- In consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health
- Providing counselling and health education
SPC is an innovative partnership of Suffolk GP surgeries. Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
- Life insurance
- Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and childrens pension
- Ill health benefits
- 20% employer contribution
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No deposit
- No credit check
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Servicing and tyres
- Breakdown cover
- Up to £2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
- Proper Pay & Cost of Living Benefits
- Living Wage Foundation Accredited
- GP Remote Working
- Eye Care Vouchers Health Service Discounts
- Annual Leave – Minimum 33 days including bank holidays FTE with enhancements for long service
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity terms
- High street discounts through our own online portal
- Technology and Homewares Salary Sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
- Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Salary Sacrifice Scheme