Salaried GP – Suffolk Primary Care
Are you an enthusiastic salaried GP looking for a new challenge?
WHAT CAN YOU OFFER TO OUR ESTABLISHED TEAM?
At Derby Road Practice we pride ourselves in being a well established, friendly, flexible, forward thinking primary care team. As part of Suffolk Primary Care, we look after over 18,500 patients. We have 2 sites, based in the heart of Ipswich, with close travel links to the beautiful Suffolk countryside and the Suffolk coast. As a training practice we will support, train and professionally develop the right individual who can help us meet our patients needs.
This role is offered on an 8 session basis but part time hours will be considered. If you are right for us, we will make it right for you.
Currently we have 2 partners, 5 salaried GPs and a full supporting admin and reception team, this is an amazing opportunity for an experienced GP to take on a new challenge.
The practice is proud to have a nursing support team in place consisting of 4 ANPs, 2 clinical pharmacists, 2 pharmacy technicians, 3 practice nurses, 2 HCAs and a paramedic. We offer a wide range of services to our patients including a minor surgery injections clinics and a specialist LARC clinic. We use SystemOne as our clinical system
A competitive range of sessional pay is available, which is dependent on experience.
Over the last few years, we have developed our unique GP-PA hub a team of highly skilled care navigators and duty doctors working together to triage all incoming requests.
Main duties of the job
- As agreed in co-operative practice with colleagues, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone/video consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, On Call, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion. To include the designated share of workflow and pathology reports.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Engaging with activities such as the QOF, LES/DES and other additional work essential for providing a full service for patients
SPC is an innovative partnership of Suffolk GP surgeries. Doctors and practice staff share resources and work together to ensure patients continue to receive high quality healthcare. Suffolk Primary Care is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Applicants will ideally be fully vaccinated against Covid.
Benefits of working for SPC include:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- The NHS Pension Scheme is a defined benefits scheme
- Life insurance
- Family benefits including an adult dependents pension and childrens pension
- Ill health benefits
- 20% employer contribution
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- No deposit
- No credit check
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Servicing and tyres
- Breakdown cover
- Up to £2,000 contribution from SPC subject to conditions
- Proper Pay & Cost of Living Benefits
- Living Wage Foundation Accredited
- GP Remote Working
- Eye Care Vouchers Health Service Discounts
- Annual Leave – Minimum 33 days including bank holidays FTE with enhancements for long service
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity terms
- High street discounts through our own online portal
- Technology and Homewares Salary Sacrifice schemes with Currys and John Lewis
- Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Salary Sacrifice Scheme