19th January 2021
- Suffolk GP Federation is working on the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccination programme with 28 of the 62 GP practices in the area covered by NHS Ipswich and East Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and NHS West Suffolk CCG.
- The Federation is responsible for organising the vaccination of patients from those 28 practices who are able to travel to one of five vaccination centres we have set up in Suffolk. Patients of those practices who live in care homes or who are housebound will be contacted by their surgery.
- The 28 practices are: Barham & Claydon; Burlington Road, Ipswich; Chesterfield Drive, Ipswich; Combs Ford; Deben Road, Ipswich; Debenham; Derby Road, Ipswich; Eye; Felixstowe Road, Ipswich; Framlingham, Framfield House, Woodbridge; Fressingfield; Glemsford; Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich; Haverhill Family; Holbrook & Shotley; Little St John’s, Woodbridge; Mendlesham; Needham Market; Norwich Road, Ipswich; Orchard Street, Ipswich; Dr Solway, Ipswich; Peninsula (Alderton & Aldeburgh); Ravenswood, Ipswich; Stowhealth, Stowmarket; Unity Healthcare (formerly Christmas Maltings), Haverhill; Wickham Market; and Wickhambrook.
- The first group of patients to be invited for vaccination are those aged over 80. All of these patients will have received an invitation for their first vaccination by the end of the week beginning 18th January. There are approximately 17,000 patients in this age group.
What to do when you receive an invitation?
- If you have a mobile number registered with us, you will receive a text from “NHS-Noreply”. Please make sure your mobile is switched on. If you do not have a mobile, you will receive a letter.
- The invitation will include a unique booking code and a web link. If you or a family member click on the link, it allows you to book an appointment directly online. Please book online if you can.
- If you do not have internet access, there will be a booking line phone number (an 01473 number). This may be very busy, so please be patient.
- To book, we will need you to confirm your name, date of birth, postcode and a mobile number (can be a family member’s or someone in your bubble) which we will use to confirm the appointment time and place. Appointments for both doses of the vaccine will be booked at the same time.
- You will have a choice of venues and times (8am to 8pm):
- Trinity Park, Ipswich (IP3 8UH).
- The Mix, Stowmarket (IP14 1BB)
- Debenham Community Centre (IP14 6BL)
- Woodbridge Community Hall (IP12 4AU)
- The EpiCentre, Haverhill (CB9 7LR).
- If you receive an invitation and want to be vaccinated with a partner, friend or family member, you will need to wait until they also receive an invitation. You will then be able to book appointments at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions / For more information
- We have prepared a list of frequently asked questions, with answers, here.
- Another excellent source of information is the Suffolk and North East Essex COVID-19 Vaccination Service website. See here www.sneevaccine.org.uk
This website has been created by health care experts at the Suffolk and North East Essex Integrated Care System and also include a Frequently Asked Questions section. See here