We are working hard to develop our existing workforce. Following feedback from focus groups we have developed a comprehensive suite of opportunities, including:
- Training programmes for salaried GPs wanting to become partners or become involved with commissioning or other projects
- Implementing Royal College of General Practitioners Intensive First 10 (for GPs having breaks for children to keep them engaged in the workforce)
- Ongoing support for a local sessional GP group, with monthly educational input including leadership development, commissioning and clinical development
- A central database of opportunities to expand workforce skills and social networking opportunities
- A mentoring and coaching scheme.