In the first of a regular series of podcasts we talk to Dr Tim Reed from Orchard Medical Practice in Ipswich about the growing need for a collaborative approach to solving issues faced by GPs. Recently, Tim has been working with the Federation to help us introduce greater partnership working between Howard House, Haven Health and Walton Surgery in Felixstowe, including the start of a new ‘on the day team’ between 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- What is the current situation within general practice in the county?
- Have mergers between practices and ‘on the day’ teams become common?
- How do ‘on the day’ teams work and what are the key aims and objectives of these services?
- What experience can the patient expect from an ‘on the day’ service?
- What safeguards are there for clinical procedures?
This is Suffolk GP Federation’s first in a series of regular podcast. In each podcast we will speak to various medical professionals to discuss the issues faced by GPS along with our ongoing work to improve general practice and primary care services within Suffolk and beyond. If you have any suggestions for topics to cover, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.« Previous | Next »